Fall Color of the Smoky Mountains
The idyllic setting of Cades Cove, a nearly 7000 acre valley near Townsend Tennessee, is a sampler of everything the Smoky Mountains has to offer. We will spend three full days exploring this unique environment as well as Roaring Forks, the Tremont area and Clingmans Dome. Shooting will include landscapes, mountain scenes, sunrises, sunsets, pioneer cabins, and conditions permitting, wildlife. We'll meet Wednesday night to discuss shooting technique and what we'll see and to lay out our itinerary. This will allow us to start shooting at first light Thursday morning. We'll shoot all day Friday and Saturday. We'll discuss and demonstrate, in the field, composition and exposure techniques for shooting landscapes, waterfalls and macro. There will be critique and review sessions after each day's shooting.
Places we'll visit: Cades Cove, Tremont, Roaring Forks (motor nature trail), The Chimneys recreation area, Newfound Gap and Clingman's Dome.
What we'll learn: A variety of techniques for capturing dramatic mountain landscapes and waterfalls, macro techniques, techniques for capturing sunrise/sunset, effective use of filters.
When: October 14-18, 2018
Cost: $450.00 CNPA Member $375.00
* Workshop cost is $450.00 per person.
* Each student is resposible for his or her own transportation, meals and lodging.
* We will carpool as much as possible from our hotel to the shooting locations.
* We will be providing water and snacks in the vehicle.
* Full amount must be paid by 9/14/2018
* Deadline for registrations is 9/14/2018
* If you cancel 21 or more days prior to the workshop we will refund your registration fee less a $50 handling charge. If you cancel less than 21 days prior to the workshop your registration fee will be refunded only if we fill your slot. There is no refund for cancellations less than 10 days before the event.