New River Gorge in Fall
October 25-29, 2017
| President Jimmy Carter signed legislation establishing New River Gorge National River on November 10, 1978. As stated in the legislation, the park was established as a unit of the National Park system “for the purpose of conserving and interpreting outstanding natural, scenic, and historic values and objects in and around the New River Gorge and preserving as a free-flowing stream an important segment of the New River in West Virginia for the benefit and enjoyment of present and future generations.” The park encompasses over 72,808 acres of land along 53 miles of the New River from Bluestone Dam to Hawks Nest State Park. A rugged, white water river, flowing northward through deep canyons, the New River is among the oldest rivers on the continent. The park is rich in cultural and natural history and offers an abundance of scenic and recreational opportunities.
Places we'll visit: Hawks Nest SP, Babcock SP, Cathedral Falls, New River Gorge National River, and Thurmond, WV. among others.
What we'll learn: A variety of techniques for capturing natural landscapes, waterfalls, and techniques for using tripods and filters properly.
When: October 25-29, 2017
Cost: $450.00 per person CNPA Member $375.00
* Each student is responsible for his or her own transportation, meals and lodging.
* We will carpool as much as possible from our hotel to the shooting locations.
* We will be providing water and snacks in the vehicle.
* Full amount must be paid by 10/4/2017
* Deadline for registrations is 10/4/2017
* If you cancel 21 or more days prior to the workshop we will refund your registration fee less a $50 handling charge. If you cancel less than 21 days prior to the workshop your registration fee will be refunded only if we fill your slot. There is no refund for cancellations less than 10 days before the event.